Do you think a bit of extra horsepower will make you feel better? If so, then why aren’t you opting for a cold air intake. Having a cold air intake will get you the extra horsepower you want in your car.
It’s an aftermarket product that you can get for your car without second thoughts. Because let’s face it, who wouldn’t love to have some extra horsepower right?
However, here we aren’t going to talk about cold air intakes in general. We are here to provide the best cold air intake for the 5.7 Hemi challenger. So, if you have the Dodge challenger with a 5.7 Hemi engine then you might want to stick to this article till the end.
- Top 5 Cold Air Intakes for 5.7 Hemi Challenger
- #1. Flowmaster 615105 05-19 5.7L / 6.1L Performance Air Intake
- #2. Lizudian 4-inch Cold Air Intake Filter Kit fit for 2005-2010 Dodge Challenger 5.7L 6.1L
- #3. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit: High Performance (Challenger, Charger,300) 5.7L
- #4. Intake Pipe Perfit Formance Cold Air Intake Kit with Filter for Dodge Challenger / Charger 5.7L 6.1L
- #5. JLT Performance Series II Cold Air Intake 5.7
- Buying Guide
- Dodge Hemi Challenger vs Dodge Hemi Charger: Major Differences
- Final words
Top 5 Cold Air Intakes for 5.7 Hemi Challenger
These are the cold air intakes that work well with the 5.7 Hemi engine on your Challenger. Other than that, some of them work with other models and brands as well. So, you might find the one you need from this list itself.
#1. Flowmaster 615105 05-19 5.7L / 6.1L Performance Air Intake
If you have a 5.7 Hemi Challenger and want to boost that horsepower add this beast in your car. This will give a noticeable boost in horsepower. And it’s not just for the 5.7 Hemi engine, this goes well with the 6.1 Hemi engine as well.
Whether you have a challenger RT or a charger RT you can get this one to increase the HP. It will fit into your car nicely without too much force in it. Your car engine combustion process will get a better air flow when you have this one inside.
Speaking of ease, the air intake is super easy to install. You don’t have to go to any professionals to install it. If you have some basic knowledge of car parts and how they go, you can do it yourself.
Coming to the performance you will hear the power difference once you install this. It makes an aggressive sound that doesn’t come with the stock engine HP. Also, the engine will start responding much quicker with this on the inside.
Value for money is something you get from this cold air intake. The price you pay for the performance is just perfect. Not too much not too less.
- You get an aggressive sound coming from your car when you install this CAI.
- The engine will start responding much faster with this air intake.
- No need to worry about installation with this one, because it’s very easy to install.
- This one is compatible with almost all the Dodge challenger and charger models from 2005 to 2019. And, it’s compatible with some other ones like Chrysler 300, Magnum RT, etc.
- This is worth the money you pay for it.
- It’s not the most reliable air intake because of the flawed sensor designs.
#2. Lizudian 4-inch Cold Air Intake Filter Kit fit for 2005-2010 Dodge Challenger 5.7L 6.1L
Do you have a Challenger or a Charger with 5.7L or 6.1L engine? Want to get some uninterrupted airflow in the engine? Then this can be a great fit for that purpose.
This cold air intake goes along with any Challenger RT 5.7l V8 or SRT 6.1L V8. It goes well with the Charger as well. Besides that, you can even use this one with Chrysler 300 too.
In terms of performance, you can expect a 5 to 10% boost in horsepower with ease. And along with that, it gives you a better gas mileage at the same time. So, all in all, this can be a great pick.
Let’s talk about the installation. It’s fairly simple to install. With some prior knowledge and idea of car parts and tools, you can install this yourself.
The best part of this one has to be the low-price tag. Everyone can’t spend hundreds of dollars on boosting the horsepower of their car. So, if you don’t want to spend too much yet want to add a little bit of horsepower to your car this is a great choice.
- This one fits quite a lot of cars with 5.7L and 6.1L engines. So, compatibility is a big positive on this one.
- You get to have a 10% boost in the horsepower and a 7 to 8% boost in torque with this. It also gets you some extra gas mileage.
- You don’t have to go through much trouble with the installation of this one in your car.
- Looks clean and great when you install this first on your car.
- The price of this one makes it a worthy choice to consider for your car.
- This isn’t very durable and may not last very long.
- It doesn’t go with late 2011 models of Dodge challenger or charger.
#3. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit: High Performance (Challenger, Charger,300) 5.7L
This is a cold air intake kit with high performing ability. So, if you want to get something that just revolutionizes the horsepower of your 5.7 Hemi engine then this is it. It does that job quite well.
Now, another cool thing about this one is the compatibility with so many different models. This is built in such a way that it can fit multiple models of cars from different years. You don’t have to worry too much about compatibility on this one.
For any Dodge challenger RT or charger RT from later 2010, this can be a great modification. The boost in horsepower is evident when you install this one in your car. And the exhaust will surely surprise you with an aggressive tone.
Along with that, you get some extra mileage coming from your car. You can even expect to get 29 MPGs in a 2014 Charger RT, now that’s not a bad improvement to have.
Adding to all comes the amazing throttle response. Just from the starting of the engine, it’s super responsive which you would love to have for your car.
- This cold air intake is compatible with a lot of models and years of cars. It’s a great choice for any Dodge Challenger or Charger RT.
- The looks and finish of this air intake are very smooth and premium.
- You get excellent durability from this product that you can’t expect from most other CAI’s.
- For a performance boost in your car, you can hardly find a better cold intake than this one.
- It doesn’t require too much maintenance, so you can rest assured of the usage.
- This one doesn’t come with a clear instruction manual. This makes it very hard to install by yourself.
- It has got some fitting issues with many models they claim it to be compatible with. So, you have to be careful about choosing this one for the perfect fit.
#4. Intake Pipe Perfit Formance Cold Air Intake Kit with Filter for Dodge Challenger / Charger 5.7L 6.1L
Adding some oomph to your horsepower doesn’t always have to be expensive. This one is a testament to that statement. It comes with a quality performance at an affordable price.
This is a good pick for 2005 to 2010 Dodge challengers and chargers. It fits the engines of those models with extreme precision. You don’t need to struggle with the fit with them.
For the performance aspect, you will surely see the impact of using this cold air intake. It adds up to the horsepower, acceleration, and even the gas mileage. You wouldn’t ask more from it.
Once you start up the engine you will hear the growling from your car. And the satisfaction of that is incomparable to anything else. If you are worried about the noise, then you don’t need to be because once you get the speed it gets quieter.
Lastly, the most crucial factor is the price. You can get this one at one-third of the pricing from some other brands, even from some in this list. So, if you are looking for an upgrade in the budget this is a clear choice.
- You get a decent increment in horsepower, gas mileage, and acceleration.
- It gives you the perfect fit for any Dodge challenger or charger RT from 2005 to 2010. It fits some Chryslers as well.
- This one is fairly simple to install in your car.
- It looks very nice from the outside and enhances the outlook of your car.
- The price is just too good to be true for this one.
- It doesn’t last for long due to the cheap materials.
- It’s not compatible with many models besides 2005 to 2010.
#5. JLT Performance Series II Cold Air Intake 5.7
Well, here we just saved the best one for the last. When it comes to the absolute best cold air intake for your Dodge challenger or charger this is it. You get all you need from a great cold intake in this one.
First coming to the compatibility, this can fit any Dodge Challenger or Charger from 2011 to 2021. So, even with the latest models, you can use this one for some HP boost. It’s also compatible with some other 5.7 Hemi engine cars.
Now, for the performance part, you will just have satisfaction all around. Whether it’s the increase in power or the starting sound of the engine, it gives you everything. It’s without a doubt far better than the stock performance.
Coming to the installation aspect, you shouldn’t have any issues with it. With some prior knowledge and basic instructions, you can install it yourself.
Last but not the least, durability. To be honest, once you buy this one, you are probably set for life unless you decide to upgrade your car even further. This is made with parts that are of the highest quality, so no worries about durability here.
- You get an excellent performance boost from the stock one.
- It has got an easy installation that you can do yourself.
- The exceptional durability makes this one buying worth every penny.
- It fits any Dodge 2011 to 2021 challenger or charger RT with finesse. No issues with the fitting.
- The look you get on the CAI is amazing as well.
- This CAI isn’t compatible with any model before 2011.
Well, it’s obvious that when you buy a car part you have to consider some factors. There is some technical stuff that you have to consider, otherwise, it won’t even work with your car. Now, that’s very subjective and depends on the situation and product you choose.
Before we move into the considerations, let’s get to know some benefits of having a cold air intake in your car-
· Having a cold air intake in your air will provide the engine with better airflow. This can have a lot positive impact on the combustion process of your engine.
· The most attractive use of cold air intake is the boost in horsepower. With better airflow inside you can get a bit of boost in the horsepower of your engine.
· When you get an increment in the horsepower that also effects the acceleration. With a quality cold air intake inside you will get increased acceleration.
· If you enjoy that growl of a car engine when it starts then you would love a cold air intake. Because it can give you a better sounding engine for your car.
· Lastly installing a cold air intake will give you a boost in the gas mileage as well.
We are going to discuss some general factors you will always need to consider for buying a cold air intake. We will also focus on the aspect of 5.7 Hemi cold air intake. Let’s get started.
- Fitting compatibility: You have to always start with the fitting compatibility aspect of the air intake. You have to make sure it’s made for your car and fits it properly. Now, that can be tough when you are making an online purchase.
For a 5.7 Hemi challenger, you will need to look for the right kind of air intake. First, you have to look at the model year of your car. They usually start from 2005 so you can check that out first.
Then you can move on to whether it’s a Challenger or a Charger. We will be going through the differences in a bit.
Next, you have to see which Trim is your car. For a 5.7 Hemi, it will most likely be RT. Then you can choose the engine which is a 5.7L V8 engine in most cases.
- Ease of installation: Whether it’s easy to install or not is very important. Because installing getting it installed by professionals will cost you extra money. And some options come with an easy installation method so why should you pay more.
- Performance: We will be very honest to you, with any cold intake on a 5.7 hemi you can’t get too drastic of a change in performance. However, it should be better than the stock performance and you can get a good amount of increase on that.
- Quality and durability: Now, this is a concern for many out there. And you have to consider this. Because with cheap quality parts you can even damage your car and you wouldn’t want that.
That’s why you have to get something made of quality materials and provides you durability as well.
- Pricing: Well, this depends solely on you. Whether you want to add extreme power, or you want great durability or you want affordability. Your needs and want will dictate the pricing of the cold air intake.
In our opinion, you should consider quality before the amount. However, some options come with quality within a budget you can go for them as well.
Dodge Hemi Challenger vs Dodge Hemi Charger: Major Differences
The first thing to take a look at these two is that they both are great choices muscle cars with affordability. Having said that there are a lot of differences you can notice in both these cars.
- The first obvious difference is the type of car. Challenger is a coupe that comes with only two doors. The charger is a sedan that has got 4 doors.
- The challenger comes with a 5.7L V6 with 375 horsepower output. The charger has got a 5.7L V8 with 370 horsepower.
- The dodge charger is more spacious for passengers than the challenger.
- Even the lower-priced challengers have got features like auto-dimming rear mirror and auto climate control for multiple zones. To get that on a charger you have to go for later models that cost more money.
Now the real question is can you use the air intake of a charger model on a challenger one? The answer is yes you can. Most of the cold air intake that is suitable for a hemi charger will fit a Hemi challenger.
Having said that they have to be from the same year and same trim with a 5.7L engine. Different years may work but it’s not definite that they will.
Summing it up, choosing the best cold air intake for a 5.7 Hemi challenger won’t be that easy. Because finding the perfect fit is always questionable in these cases. However, it’s not impossible.
To make your life a bit easier we will be suggesting some from the list based on some factors. If you are looking for the absolute best quality, durability, and performance regardless of the price then go for the JLT Performance Series II Cold Air Intake 5.7 without any second thoughts.
But if affordability and compatibility don’t go with that then you can go for Intake Pipe Perfit Formance Cold Air Intake. Other than these you can check out the rest of them too as they have their own unique thing as well.